Located on the heights of Rethymno, overlooking a large olive grove, this house offers an exceptional view of the fortress and the bay. This new villa is built in a traditional way in local stones and incorporates the latest technologies.
Stairs offer views of the pool, the terrace and the sea.
The ground floor is composed:
– a living room with a sofa that can be transformed into a double bed.
– a fully equipped kitchen with large table (2.50 m) and a dining area.
– a bedroom with double bed and adjoining bathroom (shower, toilet and double sink), cupboard and TV.
Upstairs is a bedroom with 2 beds that can be joined with an en-suite bathroom (shower, toilet and sink), cupboard and TV.
At the front of the house is a large 55m2 swimming pool with children’s pool (80 cm deep) and a whirlpool.
A covered terrace offers shade for meals and a barbecue area completes the set.
At the foot of the terraces is a very large olive grove for possible short walks.
Between sea and mountains, the Panoramic villa offers lots of activities for adults and children.
A guidebook with activities, addresses, tips and leaflets are available in the villa.
– beaches: all along the Rethymno bay you will find a lot of different beaches and small creeks
– water-sports clubs and diving center.
-rent boats for daily tours in the old port of Rethymno for the north coast or in Agia Galini for the south coast.
Cultural activities and life style :
-Visit of Rethymno old town, the venetian port, and the fortress. Enjoy a walk back through time along the narrow streets and stalls.
– The archaeological center of Eleftherna, one of the main center of the minoen Crete, with his brand-new museum of more than 1200m2. ( 6km )
-Arkadi monastery, historical high place of the cretan resistance to all invaders.
– Margharites, a pottery village famous in all Crete. discover the know-how of the potters ( 15km )
– the Eco museum and the old traditional taverna located in a ancient cretan farmhouse in the village of Asteri . Unforgettable evenings with traditionals cretan danses by local groups are organized every weeks.( 8km )
Sport activities :
– In the Elefterna archaeological area enjoy walking and biking in a beautiful natural landscape through marked trails easily accessible.
– Walking treks on the famous E4 trail crossing all Crete and part of the E-trail european net.
– Other hikings or mountain-bikings propositions and maps can be provided on the spot as well as books on fauna and flora of the island.
Useful informations :
– Heraklion airport 75km – Chania airport 80km
– Daily boat connection from Pireus port ( Ath Weekly en ) to Heraklion and Chania ports
-Weekly boat connection from Rethymno to Santorini. Frequency changes according to the season.
– Pharmacy in Stavromenos ( 6km )
-Medical center in Perama ( 8 km )
– Doctor’s office – private medecine 12km
We are available for you 24/7 and we are happy to help you with any possible questions or requests.
Have a look at our Extra Services!