Policy regarding COVID-19
Updated Cancelation Policy due to Corona virus
On Monday 13/04/2020 the Greek Government Gazette published the new regulation allowing Greek airlines, ferries and tourism enterprises (hotels and travel agencies) to reimburse customers with 18-month vouchers for bookings that were canceled due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, instead of cash refunds.
The measure ensures that holidaymakers will not lose their money and will have the chance to use their booking towards another holiday at a future date with the same business. The legislation also addresses liquidity issues for Greek travel agencies, hotels, airlines and ferry companies in efforts to mitigate the effects of mass cancelled trips due to the Covid-19 crisis. However, it is noted clearly that if the vouchers are not used within 18 months by customers, businesses will be required to refund the initial amount of the bookings in cash.
Other EU countries, including Germany, France, Italy, UK etc have also been under the new regulation since their Governments also included the new regulation by issuing a voucher instead of issuing refunds. The European Travel Agents’ and Tour Operators’ Association (ECTAA) has stated that ‘We welcome the pragmatism taken by the European Commission. The consumer retains his right to refund by having a voucher for future travel rather than an immediate refund, which will accelerate the financial demise of the travel agent. There is nothing to gain for the customer if the travel agents go bankrupt, as the guarantee systems in place will not be able to absorb all the refund claims of consumers.
Hotels, Villas, Holiday Rentals, Travel Agency bookings
The 18-month voucher concerns individual bookings or reservations for package travel. It concerns cancellations that have been made by either the tourism enterprise or the customer of any nationality due to the Covid-19 pandemic, during the period from February 25 2020 until 30 September 2020. The value of each voucher must be equal to the amount paid by the customer in advance when making the booking. The tourism enterprise is obliged to offer the customer the possibility to use the voucher for the provision of the same service or similar to the one that was originally paid for. If the total value of the service chosen by the customer is less than the value of the voucher, the customer may choose to either receive a new voucher for the amount corresponding to the difference in value, with a duration to be agreed between the parties, or receive the difference in cash when the original voucher expires. On the other hand, if the total value of the service chosen by the customer exceeds the value of the voucher, the difference is paid by the customer to the tourism enterprise.
Terms and Conditions for Use of the Credit Voucher
- In case that your stay is from 60 to 0 days, from the day you made the cancelation request, you will be able to keep the amounts paid to us and a ‘Credit Voucher’ will be issued for a future stay in the same property as originally booked for new stay dates until 31.12.2021 (travel must be completed until this date).
- In case that the property you had booked has a non-refundable cancelation policy for the deposit or for the balance payment, you will be able to keep the amount paid to us and a ‘’Credit Voucher’’ will be issued for a future stay in the same property as originally booked by changing your booking dates for new stay dates until 31.12.2021 (travel must be completed until this date).
- In case that your stay is after 60 days from the cancelation request, a ‘Credit Voucher’ will be issued for a future stay in the same property as originally booked for new stay dates within 18 months of the issue date of the Credit Voucher. If the voucher is not used within 18 months, we will refund in full the initial amount stated in the Credit Voucher by bank transfer.
- The Credit Voucher cannot be replaced or used for other goods or services, such us transfers, car rentals etc but only for accommodation
- The Credit Voucher is issued under the respective currency which in this case is Euros
Terms and conditions
- To book a property from Hellocrete , you will be sent a Booking Confirmation Document which you will be asked to complete and send back. Together, you will be sent a payment receipt for the initial deposit. Normally a deposit of 50% will be asked in order to secure the booking. Once the completed Booking Confirmation Document and the initial deposit have been received and accepted, we will issue you with our payment invoice of the deposit. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you our payment invoice and is subject to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our payment invoice. If we do this we will promptly refund any money you have paid to us.
- If you need to cancel or amend your booking you must email or phone us as soon as possible. You will also be required to confirm your cancellation by email. The cancellation will not take effect until we receive written confirmation from you by email. If you cancel 60 days prior to the arrival date, no reservation cost will be added and the deposit will be returned in full (except of the bank transaction commission which is about 15 Euros). If you cancel less than 60 days prior to arrival the deposit will not be returned. Some properties have a different policy, which will be documented in the agreement. The remaining accommodation fees must be paid upon your arrival day cash only or 2 weeks before arrival depending on the property agreement.
- People other than the Guests (as defined in the agreement) may not stay overnight in the property. We hold no responsibility for any other people other than the Guests.
- You may arrive at your accommodation after 15:00 on the Arrival Date and you must leave by 11:00 on the Departure Date. But in any case if you wish to arrive earlier or depart later than the aforementioned hours feel free to contact us and if possible we will fulfill your request with no extra cost. If your arrival will be delayed, you must contact us so that alternative arrangements can be made. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the Property. If you fail to arrive by midday on the day after the Arrival Date and you have not contacted us, we may treat the booking as a cancelled one.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. In particular, complaints of a transient nature (for example, regarding preparation or heating of the Property) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered whilst you are in residence.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. The owner is obliged to have the house clean upon arrival and also clean it once or twice every week during the stay which depends on the terms & conditions of each property. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. If you wish for the villa to be cleaned more often, it is possible for an extra charge.Also the final cleaning is included in the price.
- No children under the age of 5 are permitted in hot tubs at any time without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival therefore it may not be warm until later that evening.
- Pool: All the pools are built to the standards of the Greek Tourism Organization. Parents have full responsibility for supervising their children. No children under the age of 12 are permitted to use the pool at any time without adult supervision. When using the pool, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk.
- A qualified pool cleaner will attend at least twice per week in order to record the pool’s special substance content (like chlorine).
- In some of our villas, there is a fireplace which works with wood. Wood will be provided free or with extra cost depending the property. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace.
- A reliable 24 hour emergency contact number will be provided.
- The owner is not responsible for any lost items so do have your valuables either with you or stored in the safe of the villas.
- Tenants agree to respect the property and leave it in the same condition they found it upon arrival. Any damage caused in the property by the guest is the guest’s responsibility. An adequate amount of money will be asked for any damages. Some of the villas might also need a “damage deposit” that will be given back in full after the house has been inspected together with the owner and guest. Should any member of the Guest party behave without respect for the property and its contents, the owner has the right to ask all guests to vacate the property immediately.
- The owner of the property can be held responsible for any accidents or injuries occurred to a guest during his/her stay at the property under any circumstances.
- The contract between you and us is governed by the Greek Law and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be resolved by the Greek Courts.
In using this website you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing English Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorized actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as such, any information concerning the Client and their respective Client Records may be passed to third parties. However, Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Disclaimer Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an “as issued” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company: excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages. This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Cash or Personal Cheque with Bankers Card, all major Credit, Debit Cards, Bankers Draft or BACS Transfer are all acceptable methods of payment. Our Terms are payment in full within thirty days. All goods remain the property of the Company until paid for in full. Monies that remains outstanding by the due date will incur late payment interest at the rate of 2% above the prevailing Bank of England’s base rate on the outstanding balance until such time as the balance is paid in full and final settlement. We reserve the right to seek recovery of any monies remaining unpaid sixty days from the date of invoice via collection Agencies and or through the Small Claims Court in the event that the outstanding balance does not exceed £3000. In such circumstances, you shall be liable for any and all additional administrative and or court costs.
Returned cheques will incur a £25 charge to cover banking fees and administrative costs. In an instance of a second Returned cheque, we reserve the right to terminate the arrangement and, if agreed to, we shall insist on future cash transactions only. Consequently, all bookings and/or transactions and agreements entered into will cease with immediate effect until such time as any and all outstanding monies are recovered in full.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to hellocrete services and the full content of this website.
We have an e-mail address for your queries. These, & other contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature or via the Company’s stated telephone, facsimile or mobile telephone numbers.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavors to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
The laws of Greece govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website and using our services you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Greek courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorized representatives of the Company.
Notification of Changes
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client and ourselves. Your accessing of this website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.